Great to have on hand in the freezer when the chocolate craving kicks in. The recipe is vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free.
1 1/2 cups (about 283 gr) dark chocolate chips (72% or more)
2 tsp coconut oil
1/2 cup smooth almond butter
1 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
coarse sea salt for decoration
- Prepare 12 muffin liners and set aside (I use silicone muffin liners, much easier to work with).
- In a small bowl mix together almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Put in the freezer for 10 minutes so they will start to firm up.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil (I used the microwave on the melt setting) and stir together.
- Put 2 tsp of chocolate in each muffin liner with a spoon. Turn the liners so the chocolate will go up the sides a bit. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the almond butter from the freezer and roll into a small ball with your hands, 1 tsp at at time. Then use your palm to flatten the ball.
- Remove the chocolate from the freezer and place the almond butter into each muffin liner.
- Pour the rest of the melted chocolate over and let sit for a few minutes. Decorate with a sprinkle of coarse sea salt.
- Can be stored in the fridge for a week or in the freezer for 3 months.
Nutritional information per portion (12 portions in the recipe):
121 calories, 9gr fat, 2gr saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 9gr carbohydrates, 1gr fiber, 6gr sugar, 3gr protein
Please follow and like us: