Serves 4-6 people
450 gr lean ground beef
1/2 cup onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, finely diced
1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
110 gr green chili, finely diced
450 gr refried beans
280 gr enchilada sauce (or salsa sauce)
6 medium tortillas (8-10 inches)
2 cups shredded cheese
– – – – – – – – – –
– Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (355°F)
– Brown the ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until the beef is no longer pink.
– Add the oregano, cumin, salt, pepper and chili and cook for about 6 more minutes. Mix everything well together.
– Add the refried beans and 1/2 cup of the enchilada (or salsa) sauce. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
– Spread the filling in a thin layer across the middle of the tortilla. Top with shredded cheese and fold the tortillas. Repeat until there is no more filling.
– Line the tortillas in an oven proof dish and pour the rest of the enchilada (or salsa) sauce over and top with shredded cheese.
– Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
– Garnish with some sour cream and green onions when they are out of the oven.